How to get your home ready... in picture perfect shape!
Pictures,Pictures,Pictures what else can I say! Professional photography of your home will either drive buyers to or from your home listing. I learned this over 15 years ago and is one of the many reasons I have been so successful!
Lets face it, the buyer that ends up buying your home will most likely see it first on the internet! Most Buyers start their search for homes online. We have a secret weapon & his name is Harold James! Harold has been my professional photographer for nearly 15 years. His extensive knowledge of photography and editing techniques enables him to capture stunning images that will capture the beauty of your home.
We will promote your home to thousands of websites where Buyers are searching that are fed by several main portals including but not limited to FMLS, GAMLS, KWLS and my website www.GetMickey.com. We also have an exclusive partnership with Curaytor one of the leading Real Estate digital marketing companies in the U.S. that allows us to market your home to thousands of prospective buyers via social media.
There are many things that you can do to be ready for Harold! Below is a list that I have compiled over the years that will dramatically improve your pictures and prepare it for a quick sell! I know the list may seem daunting so I broke it down by areas of your home. I understand you won't be able to do everything I've listed and some may not apply but remember the more you do the better the results!
- Landscape (weed flower beds, add fresh mulch, add seasonal plants and flowers)
- Mow the lawn
- Clean the Pool
- Pressure wash the house, driveways, walkways, patios, and decks
- Wash exterior windows and front porch
- For a final touch hang a new American Flag
- Remove all clutter in rooms
- Replace any non-functioning light bulbs
- Give your home a deep-clean including windows and walls
- Remove cars from Driveway/Front curb
- Remove garbage cans from view
- Put away garden hoses, sprinklers, shovels etc.
- Add fresh cushions to patio furniture
- Blow or sweep leaves
Kitchen / Dining Room
- Remove all items from countertops (detergents, sponges, dishes rags)
- Wipe Down counter tops
- Remove magnets, stickers, photos from refrigerator
- Hide trash cans
- Add fresh flowers or fruit bowl
- Add centerpieces or cutlery to dining room table
- Put away clothes and thin closet out to a bare minimum
- Master closet should be neat and organized
- Make all beds
- Open window curtains and turn blinds horizontally (repair, replace or remove broken blinds)
- Clean the floors (sweep, mop, vacuum)
- Turn off all ceiling fans
- Turn on all lamps and lights
- Hide all power cords, cables and chargers
- Remove pet bowls, pet beds, pet toys
- Turn off T.V.s and hide remotes
- Wipe down countertops
- Remove all items from countertops (soaps, toothpastes, face wash etc.)
- Remove all items from shower/tub
- Put away all personal items
- Hide trash cans
- Close toilet lid
- Refill toilet paper rolls