47 Ways to Make Your Home Sell Faster & For More Money $$$
Suggestions and ideas to improve your home's appearance and help you prepare to sell it faster
1. Open the draperies, pull up the shades, and let in the sunlight.
2. Create a positive mood. Turn on all lights, day or night, and install higher wattage light bulbs to show your home brightly.
3. Remove clutter from each room to visually enlarge them.
4. If you have a fireplace, highlight it in your decorating.
5. Keep your home dusted and vacuumed at all times.
6. Replace the carpet if it does not clean up well.
7. Have a family "game plan" to get home in order quickly if necessary.
8. Air our your home one-half hour before each showing, if possible.
9. Lightly spray the house with air freshener so that it has a chance to diffuse before the buyers arrives.
10. Put family photos in storage.
11. Improve traffic flow through every room by removing unnecessary furniture.
12. Create the feeling of a spacious entry area by using decorative accents and removing unnecessary furniture.
13. Putty and paint any nail holes or any other mishaps in the walls.
14. Pain all interior walls a neutral color to brighten the home and make it look larger.
15. Repair or replace any loose or damaged wallpaper.
16. Clean all light bulbs and light fixtures to brighten your home.
17. Wash all windows inside and out.
18. Use plants in transitional areas of your home.
19. Make the most of your attic's potential.
20. Remove and/or hide excess extension cords and exposed wires.
21. Open doors to areas you want potential buyers to see such as walk-in closets, pantries, attics, etc.
22. Remove all smoke and pet odors.
23. Repair or replace banister and handrails.
In the Kitchen
24. Microwave a small dish of vanilla twenty minutes before and place it in an out-of-the-way place.
25. Highlight an eat-in area in your kitchen with a table set for dinner.
26. The kitchen and bathrooms should always be spotlessly clean.
27. Expand your counter space by removing all appliances.
In the Bedrooms
28. Create a master suite effect in your decorating.
29. Depersonalize bedrooms and decorate in a neutral scheme.
30. Make sure that the beds are made and the linens are clean.
31. Organize your closets, remove unnecessary items and put them in storage.
In the Bathrooms
32. Do not leave towels around and wipe down the sinks and showers after each use.
33. Re-caulk the tub if the caulk is not white.
34. Repair or replace broken tiles in the shower/tub.
35. Replace shower curtains and keep them clean.
36. Put out fresh towels and decorative soaps.
37. Keep the yard mowed and raked at all times.
38. Use flowering plants to dress up the yard, walkway and patio.
39. Remove toys, bicycles, tools, unsightly patio furniture and trash from yard.
40. Porches, steps, verandas, balconies, and other extensions of your house should be kept uncluttered, swept and in good condition.
41. Paint all entrance doors.
42. Make sure garage doors open easily. Fix and paint the garage doors if necessary.
43. Clean and shine all hardware and accessories indoors and out (doors, knobs, knockers, lamps, mailboxes, address numbers, etc.)
44. Trees and shrubs should be trimmed and pruned.
45. Use a new doormat.
46. Be sure front doorbell is in good working order.
47. Be sure the front door and screen door work perfectly.
This material is exclusively produced for clients of Mickey Hyams & The GetMickey.com Team